Friday Goodwill Finds: Roses

Dear Blogging Friends

You like roses, so do I.  I love this poem by George Eliot, or Mary Ann Evans.  I wrote the words on paper but first took my Goodwill find a 1942 book which was written the year my mom was born and I covered the wall as a homage for written words.  Can you see the rose petals coming down like rain, as light as feathers, smelling sweet?   Cupid standing by for his next "Lost In Love"!

Yes, I was once lost in love at the alter, a wedding planned, champagne drank and cake eaten but not by the bride and groom.  You see my husband of 32 years changed his mind.  But we eventually married at the JOP, most people thought we wouldn't make it.

My second Goodwill find is a angel smiling and wishing everyone a "Happy Valentines Day"!













10 comments

  1. Hi Debby...I'm Debby too! I am visiting via Pink Saturday. Your rose petal enhanced Good Will finds are so romantic and beautiful. I love roses and have keep almost every bouquet I receive....love them dried almost as much as fresh! Don't you just love Goodwill?? Wow...your story of how your marriage began is something...so glad it all worked out though! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like book pages on the wall. This is all so pretty. :)

    Thank you for joining Thoughts of Home on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for joining our first ever Thoughts of Home on Thursday!
    We are so glad you are here!

    You found wonderful things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You found some truly sweet deals!

    Thank you so very much for linking up to Thoughts of Home on Thursday. Your presence helped to make it extra special.

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lots of fun items found and decorating for different holidays is such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Debby! I'm excited to start going to Goodwill on a regular basis to find things we need. We're on a tight budget and I like the idea of "recycling" with "new to me" items.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love projects with book pages. I like your idea of putting them on the wall.

    Thanks for Sharing Your Cup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation with us at Talk of the Town.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just lovely Debby! Thank you for sharing @Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The decor at this place is absolutely beautiful. In terms of decor, Malibu wedding venues are definitely a big step above a typical wedding venue. It's spacious, breathable, and absolutely glowing. They can bring in an open bar as well into this place.

    ReplyDelete

Hello dear friends, thank you for taking the time to visit Debby Goes Shabby. I hope you enjoy your visit.