It's a Southern Thing!

Yea, it's a Southern Thing!   A beautiful bouquet of confederate rose and sweater pumpkins for my southern dining table?  This hibiscus cousin doesn't have the most attractive history but what a beautiful flower!  Myth has it during the civil war a confederate soldier wounded from battle, bled next to the "Hybiscus Mutabilis"  or changeable hibiscus, his blood making the bloom change color.

This could be a story from "Gone With The Wind" but I have certainly adopted this beautiful plant into my garden.  As you can see the blooms are a beautiful light pink that change to almost red by the end of day.  Even though this flower hails from China, I am glad our southern climate brings it home to the South called, the Confederate Rose.

I highly recommend this rose to any flower enthusiast.

Debby went shabby south!









2 comments

  1. I love all roses and have had some very pretty ones. However, have not seen this beauty of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely flowers despite the tragic myth!

    ReplyDelete

Hello dear friends, thank you for taking the time to visit Debby Goes Shabby. I hope you enjoy your visit.