She's Retired

Dear Friends

Some people would say, I'm at the age I should be thinking about retirement.  I looked up the meaning: the action or fact of leaving ones' job and ceasing to work.  Let me be the first to tell you, I will never cease to work.  If you cease to work, you die or die soon.  This life doesn't prepare you enough for the beginning of work or ceasing to work.  This is my opinion but if you have retired or intend to retire, I commend you, I also wish you a healthy and happy retirement.  Please let me know, I need input.
<-<>br />
This post is about the word and the meaning of retirement, why, because my wheelbarrow is retiring.  It is a sad day for me because my wheelbarrow has been with me for a long time, vintage if I had to describe her.  She has worked hard each and everyday through all my years of rewarding yard work.  My husband wanted to fix her but instead I wanted to make her beautiful again in her retirement giving her everything she needs.  I'm going to take care of her now,  I painted her a beautiful color to match the shutters on the house and beautiful flowers that fill her barrow to the brim.  I will take care of her now or until I can no longer cease to work or until my last breath, whichever comes first.  I need a new wheelbarrow if there is a company out there that would like for me to give it a try, I am not feared, but I'm a hard worker, it better be strong, resilient and ready to work.   I have and hope I have many more years of yard work waiting for me, why you say, I love it!




12 comments

  1. LOL about retirement. I took early retirement a few years ago and never looked back. I am busier now than I ever was when I was working full time. I think a person can be as active in retirement as they want to be and I don't know many retirees that just 'sit' and aren't busy all the time. Look forward to it because it gives you the opportunity to explore some avenues that you don't have time for when you work full time.

    Love all your photos. I have a fairy garden in my wonderful old wheelbarrow. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with NanaDiana! Retiring does not mean you don't work anymore! I never officially retired from a full time job, but I have not worked in the workplace for almost 20 years. There are not enough hours in the day for all the "work" I do. My Etsy shop and booth are income but I don't think of them as work. It's time to do what you love and if you make a little money, great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have retired also would like to have more money , We still do alot , Husband home alot some day it drives my crazy. and some it the best.HPS laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being retired from one job doesn't mean you aren't busy. It is a time to recreate your life and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with what has been said above. In 2012 I knew it was time for me to retire. Yes I did retire a few years early but I've never enjoyed my life more. In retirement you can be as busy as you want to be. Very delightful. Thank you for sharing the beautiful photos of your retired wheelbarrow at Snickerdoodle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, you got me with this. It is gorgeous. Happy Pink Saturday, Debby. This post is being featured on my Pink Saturday post this weekend as "the one that caught my eye". Two weeks in a row!!!

    I retired January 2013, and I am loving it. We stay so busy that I wonder how I got everything done while I was working.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flowers,beautiful post...My parents are retired but they work a lot at home,cooking,gardening,cleaning the house, taking care each other...they are at about eighty years old...Have a happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely flowers and lovely sentiment, too. Thanks for sharing with us at Snickerdoodle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that wheelbarrow full of flowers, Debby. Pinned--thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debby, I love old wheelbarrows, and I have one that has retired gracefully under my pergola. She now is host to my fairies and their garden. Retirement makes me laugh. My hubby retired recently, but still keeps going to work every day. He's usually home by noon, but just can't give it up yet. :) Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet re-purpose for your retired wheelbarrow Debby.
    Thank you for linking up at Create, Bake, Grow and Gather last week. I'm delighted to be featuring this project at today's party and pinning it to the party board.
    Hugs,
    Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree Deb, l hope l never have to stop working even if l don't get paid, and your wheelbarrow is still working hard at looking gorgeous 😁😁😁😁

    ReplyDelete

Hello dear friends, thank you for taking the time to visit Debby Goes Shabby. I hope you enjoy your visit.