Serendipity

Dear Friends

I hope your Easter was beautiful and you are enjoying the beautiful Spring weather.  I mentioned in my last blog post my daughter and I worked on a DIY.  The story is, I found a beautiful mirror, old and a few pieces broken off.  I love mirrors and this one is absolutely beautiful to me.  I found  the mirror at a second hand store and brought it home.  I have been wanting to update my bedroom for a while.  I've had a Mahogany set for over 30 years.  I thought about painting it but could never bring myself to do it.  The set is in good shape but I wanted something different.  I went a month later to the same shop and found the chest of drawers.  What sold me was the curves and the pulls, I new the mirror and the chest was "Serendipitous"!





Discovered by chance in a happy or beneficial way!  The two look so beautiful together.  With my daughters help we made both pieces beautiful again.  The "Serendipity" pieces are the start and the inspiration for my new bedroom.  A little hard work and inspiration and I bought the mirror for $40 and the chest for $20.  Im sharing a few before and after pictures.  Please let me know what you think.





13 comments

  1. Gorgeous! I love that the mirror is gold, or is it copper? to match the hardware on the dresser. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie! You did a great job with the dresser and the mirror! I would love to find a dresser like yours. It would come really handy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you did a beautiful job fixing up the dresser and mirror! Thanks for sharing this at C&C with J&J. Enjoy the week.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks amazing! :)

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a transformation! Great job!Thank you for sharing at Dishing It & Digging It!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty... nice job of transforming it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debby, it is just beautiful! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debby, a lovely dresser makeover. Thank you for sharing your beautiful dresser makeover at the Snickerdoodle Create~Bake~Make link party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am featuring you dresser makeover on Snickerdoodle tomorrow.

      Delete
  9. Very nice transformation! Thanks for sharing at Monday Social.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my! What a score ~ twice!! :) Love your mirror; I have one very similar that is currently in storage. A shame your new dresser's veneer was in such bad shape ~ it was very pretty. Love the flame that was left. <3 It turned out great with its new paint job. :)
    Glad to have found you through the Create, Bake, Make {I always think "Take"} link party,
    Barb :)
    p.s. I'm over at www.frenchethereal.net if you'd like to stop by. Your style is like mine. :) Have a lovely evening!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The dresser obviously needed some work. I just wish you could have found a way to save those beautiful flame mahogany drawers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning, Debby--I love how the gold pulls and mirror frame "match." I don't think I would have ever thought to do that; it's just perfect! Thanks for linking up your project with us at Vintage Charm--

    ReplyDelete

Hello dear friends, thank you for taking the time to visit Debby Goes Shabby. I hope you enjoy your visit.