Hush...Hush

Dear Friends

I spent a four day holiday with my family and celebrated my daughters birthday at the Biltmore, Ashville and Reynolda Park in Winston Salem.  Time has a way of making you enjoy the simple things for example, picnics, walks, sloppy chicken and stopping to smell the roses.  With Halloween around the corner have you ever watched the movie Hush, Hush, Sweet Charlotte?  I am a big Betty Davis fan and when the kids were young we watched the movie, I fell asleep and they would be haunted by her lovers head bouncing off the stairs forever!!!  (Bad Mother) I bought the two small girl and boy statues at my sons house, (a sweet junk store the same store I bought the vintage radio), they already had the mask.  While the shop keeper was packing me up she dropped and broke the girl.  It was an Avon perfume bottle that came a part at the neck, LOL and rolled and still had the perfume in it.  What a great interlude to "Hush...Hush Sweet Charlotte and Halloween.  My mantel is decorated for Halloween and memories of Hush...Hush...

May the good spirits be with you!











7 comments

  1. Sounds like you had a nice time with your family!
    Thanks for sharing at Dishing It & Digging It.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had such a lovely time with your family Debby. Your mantel is so pretty!! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like SO much fun!! :)

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debby, that movie always haunted me too! :) What a great theme for your mantle. I only recently learned that the doll heads are often referred to as frozen Charlottes. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a nice time with your family! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charming mantel Debby! Thanks for sharing @Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

Hello dear friends, thank you for taking the time to visit Debby Goes Shabby. I hope you enjoy your visit.