Grand Southern Beauties (Part I)

Dear Blogging Friends

I hope everyone is doing well and thank you for always tuning in.  I had a great vacation and birthday.  The beach was beautiful and every moment spent with my family brings me great memories and happiness.  We have been going to One Seagrove Place in Seagrove, Florida for many years, its a high rise condo, we stayed on the sixth floor, every time we arrived or departed the room I passed this massive magnolia and wanted to reach out and cut a beautiful bloom. But didn't risk falling to my death, LOL.


The last day of the trip, I got sick and have been under the weather.  I'm the type who doesn't know how to stay still and rest so I decided to read out of boredom.  Have you ever read Gone With The Wind?  So, in my quest to get well much like Margaret Mitchell who wrote the book while recovering from an ankle injury and boredom, I started reading.  In chapter five I'll share a quote "The mockingbirds and the jays, engaged in their old feud for possession of the magnolia tree beneath her window, were bickering, the jays strident, acrimonious, the mockers sweet voiced and plaintive".

I sent my husband to that grand magnolia down the road to cut a few blooms.  Both the book and the blooms are Grand Southern Beauties, don't you agree? Nothing more Southern...

BTW, I included a pic of me on my birthday, I forgot, am I 45 or 54?  Who cares, right?












20 comments

  1. Cute post!! You are adorable. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great trip, Debby. I have not read Gone With the Wind but I have seen it many, many times. The magnolia is gorgeous. I see a few trees here and there on people's properties and they are so pretty. Hope you're feeling better by now. Thank you for sharing and enjoy your day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Debby, happy belated birthday! I too have seen gone with the wind on tv but I have not read the book yet! Magnolias smell so pretty.
    Thanks for sharing this at Cooking and Crafting with J&J.
    Enjoy the week.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I love your story and your pictures, and that you read Gone With the Wind! I read the book years ago and was so amazed at the difference between the movie and the book. Sorry you were ill, but glad you relaxed! Thanks for sharing at Celebrate Your Story! Your story is a hoot to read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Debby:
    This is a very cute posting and clever. I need to read more - if I could just sit down for a while!!! Thanks for sharing and linking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been forever - I read Gone With the Wind in high school and my 50th reunion is in September!

    Thanks for sharing with SYC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute...great post! :)

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't play you know your 54 and don't look a day over 30 because we have those good gens

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute post! Love Gone With The Wind!
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely post. I loved all your photo's. Thanks for linking at Anything Goes. I came over from the party. I am following you now. I linked too. I hope you'll come over and visit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos. Happy birthday! I have read Gone with the Wind so many times I lost track.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved your post. Different and to the point. I will soon be 87 and have ever read or saw the movie, Gone With The Wind.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Who cares is right! You are only as old as you feel! Thank you for sharing this on the Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love both the book and the film. Thanks for the great post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous photos Debby, pinned to our Features and Favorites! Thanks for sharing @Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look faaaaabulous my darling! Lol! Thanks for sharing with me at Five Star Frou-Frou and Happy Belated Birthday! Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such pretty photos! Happy birthday too :) Thanks for posting this over at #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete

Hello dear friends, thank you for taking the time to visit Debby Goes Shabby. I hope you enjoy your visit.