Love Story

Dear Friends

Happy Mothers Day!  I hope it will the best day ever for you and all "Mothers" in the world!  Today I am sharing a gift from my mother many years ago.  This was my first vintage find and a birthday gift from my mom.  I was about thirty something and had just moved into my brand new home.


Most new home owners like myself did not have much, at all, not even curtains!  I made the curtains eventually, got a refrigerator, wallpaper, you know the drill.  I found this tea set in an antique store and fell in love with a musical tea set.  I haven't seen or found another one like it.  The tea set plays  "Love Story"!  I'll be honest while raising kids and paying a mortgage and child care, it took me a few years to figure out what tune the set played.  My first vintage tea set, I love it and eventually bought a tea cart later. The memories I have is how happy my mother and I were. My mom was starting a whole new life at 50 something and I was a young mother with two kids and a husband trying to figure out how to make a empty house a home.  After 20 something years now in the only home I have ever owned, I have great memories, happy memories and will continue to play my love story!  As for my mother she continued for many years playing her own tune!  Happy Mothers Day!







15 comments

  1. Beautiful tea set!Very Romantic,love the pink detail in pieces!Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very sweet tea set to go with a sweet story! I was out yesterday with my Mom having a memorable day like yours. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's interesting how objects can store so many memories and evoke deep feelings in us. Your vintage tea set is lovely and holds so much meaning for you. My grandmother owned a vase with a very similar painting on the side (the man & woman in 18th century dress in an idyllic setting). My sister has the vase in her house, now. Whenever I see it, a flood of memories of my grandmother comes back to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sehr romantisch! ...und so viele schöne Erinnerungen...genieße es und freue Dich noch sehr lange daran!
    Alles Liebe Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely and romantic tea set, and it's even more special because of the sweet memories! xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great to have pieces with so many loving memories attached to them. Thank you for sharing with us this week at Celebrate Your Story, and I hope your week is going great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet story. Thanks for sharing at Dishing It & Digging It!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely post for Mother's Day! Your vintage set is charming. Thanks for sharing at Monday Social.

    ReplyDelete
  9. O MY!! what a stunning tea set!! Love it!! Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debby, I love the pink!!! Can you make tea in the tea pot or it just a music box? Thanks for sharing. Have a great day! Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Debbie, I loved reading about your Love story! The tea set is absolutely gorgeous and I know the pink lover in you was so thrilled to have this set! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Debby, I hope your Mother's day was special. Happy birthday sweet lady. Love the tea set. how very special to have this from your Mother. It makes me happy seeing this. xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. How beautiful! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a sweet set, Debby, and it's new-to-me--I've never seen a musical tea set before :) Thanks so much for sharing it with us all at Vintage Charm--

    ReplyDelete
  15. It really is the little things that can bring us so much joy in life. I'm happy that you found your lovely tea set Debby. Thank you for sharing your story at Create, Bake, Grow & Gather this week.
    Hugs,
    Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete

Hello dear friends, thank you for taking the time to visit Debby Goes Shabby. I hope you enjoy your visit.