Great Southern Beauties (Part II)

Dear Blogging Friends

My first post of Great Southern Beauties was a personal side and as a blogger I feel the only way you will get to know me is to see me and know I have lots of stories and love that I was raised in the south.  Not only was I raised in the south my father is a full blooded Lumbee Indian. This post is dedicated to my father and the great southern beauty, "Hydrangea"! My mom and dad raised five kids me being the oldest.  My father is the strongest and hardest working man I will ever know.  I tell the joke that my father is the reason they have child labor laws! LOL!  With that being said my father taught me great work ethic and not to be afraid of anything.  My father has a great heart and loves to play in the dirt just like me.  In the pic where he is happy about his truck, the trailer behind him and land is where I grew up on a dirt road in the south.

Happy Father's Day to all you Dads out there!
Debby











16 comments

  1. HellonDeborah, a pleasure to meet you. What a touching post, dedicated to your dad. Your hydrangeas are gorgeous . I need to plant some more. I would love if you share them at our link party , Dishing It & DI. The party starts every Sunday and is live now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just stunning. I had hydrangea in Ohio and was worried that like peonies I wouldn't be able to grow them in Central Florida, but I have learned there are species that grow well here! I can't wait to get to work on the back yard and have my lovely blooms again! Thanks for sharing at Celebrate Your Story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful tribute to your father. That is one good thing, they cannot take your memories away. What treasures. I had my first hydrangea this year and it was blue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hydrangeas are gorgeous, Debby! You wrote a wonderful tribute to your Dad. Mine passed away twenty-one years ago and I still miss him. Like you, I have many lovely memories of him. Thanks for your post and Happy Summer!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. what beautiful flowers love them all, hydrangeas right what a fitting tribute to your dad. My dad passed many years ago and yet I miss him every day.
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Deborah. Your hydrangeas are wonderful and what a lovely tribute to your Dad. I am sure he felt honored. Thanks for sharing and linking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO pretty! My goodness! :)

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hydrangeas are my favorite flower and I used blue one in my wedding so they are so special to me. Yours are especially beautiful! Thanks for linking it up to Dishing It & Digging It!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tribute to your father. The hydrangeas are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have the most gorgeous colors of these! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, such a loving post and these hydrangeas are gloriously beautiful. My three favorite flowers, Peony, hydrangea and the rose. The colors of yours are magical!
    Thank you for joining us at TOHOT.
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the ode to fathers! Thank you for sharing this on the Art of Home-Making Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Debby! Thank you for sharing @Vintage Charm--pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I ADORE hydrangeas, they are my favorite in the garden. Thanks so much for sharing. #HomeMattersParty

    Julie
    LiveFromJuliesHouse.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Debby, what a lovely tribute to your Dad and all Dads. The hydrangeas are spectacular! Thankyou so much for sharing this post at Five Star Frou-Frou this week. Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hello dear friends, thank you for taking the time to visit Debby Goes Shabby. I hope you enjoy your visit.